Danang is a beach city in the Middle Region of Vietnam. Danang has the beautiful Han River which runs across the city with several bridges, mountains, wildlife and nature preserve, which has attracted many domestic and foreign tourists.
Danang has carried out a campaign of “Five No and Three Yes” to become a worth-living city in Vietnam. In 2000, they started the “Five No” program: no hunger and no illiteracy, no beggars, no drug addicts in the community, and no robbery homicide. After this program succeeded, in 2005 they started the program of “Three Yes” to dwelling-house, civilization, and job. Danang people are very nice and hospitable to visitors. Danang city is also very clean. Visitors can feel safe and comfortable to explore Danang. Therefore, Danang has become a worthwhile and popular destination in Vietnam.
Top things you should do in Danang are to:
1. Visit Son Tra peninsula where there are breathtaking scenery, unspoiled nature beauty and wildlife with 300 species including 15 uncommon species , for example , red-face monkey, yellow monkey, muntjac, musk-deer and wild pig.
2. Sunbathe on My Khe beach
3. Climb up Ngu Hanh Son mountain (The five mountains are named according to the five essential elements of Eastern culture: water, wood, fire, metal and earth)
4. Visit tourist attractions like the Love Bridge and the Dragon Bridge where you can watch the fire show at night.
5. Eat fresh seafood and local food such as Mi Quang (Noodle) and Cha Bo (Beef loaf)
6. Have a cocktail at rooftop bars where you can enjoy the city view with beautiful bridges across the river at night.
7. Explore Ba Na Hills Resort which is located in Truong Son Mountains, west of Danang city at an attitude 1,487m above sea level and over 20 km from Danang city centre. Ba Na Hills is famous with beautiful landscape and tourist attractions such as a world-record cable car, the Golden Bridge, the theme park and the French village. The weather is cool in the summer just like the weather in Da Lat.
When you plan your trip to Danang, don’t forget to add Hoi An Ancient Town and My Son Sanctuary , which are UNESCO world cultural heritages, to your itinerary.
Hoi An Ancient Town is well-known as a well-preserved trading port of Southeast Asia from 15th to 19th centuries. Hoi An Ancient Town is located on the north bank near the mouth of the Thu Bon River, which is about 40 minute drive from Danang City. The town reflects a fusion of indigenous and foreign cultures (principally Chinese and Japanese with later European influences). The town has architectural monuments, commercial and domestic vernacular structures, especially an open market and a ferry quay, and religious buildings such as pagodas and family cultural houses which were made with timber frame, with brick or wooden walls. The town buildings are outstanding with walls painted in yellow and black roofs. Taking a walk around the town, then stopping by a café, especially a roof top café, or a restaurant are amazing ways to experience Hoi An. Don’t forget to try the local food like chicken rice and Cao Lau. Hoi An is also a good place for wedding, portrait, street-life or landscape photography.
Meanwhile, My Son Sanctuary is located in the mountainous border of Duy Xuyen District of Quang Nam Province. My Son is 70km from Danang city and 45km from Hoi An ancient town. My Son Sanctuary was constructed between the 4th and the 13th centuries. Temple towers in My Son were built initially for Hindu divinities and later a place of worship of the Champa Kingdom. It is a worthwhile place to see the Hindu and Cham architecture and study the history of Southeast Asia.
Even though Danang has beautiful nature, there is a lack of entertainment at night or theme parks in the centre of the city. Furthermore, Ba Na Hills Resort and Hoi An Ancient Town are crowded.